Diabetes stories

126 Kudos 7274 Story Views

Stir fry with spaghetti squash! YUMM! Diabetic friendly!

Today is my birthday! I am 36 today, and I still love my birthday as much as I did when I was 6! Being the cook of the house means that I get to come up with the meal for my special day and today is going to be one of my favorites. STIR FRY!!! Yumm!!!!!!

Almost all of my recipes call for venison or some other form of wild game meat but from time to time I do use store bought meat. The reasons for the wild meat are because that is the meat that I have available here at the house. THAT is because I am an avid hunter and angler. I hunt and fish for almost all of my family's meat and really try to avoid buying meat at the store.

If you are concerned because you don't have, or don't like wild game meat, I say don't worry! All of these recipes can be made with beef or poultry from the store.

Anyhow, please check out my recipe and if I start pointing at things in the video please note that I made this for YouTube and have just reused the same video.

Stay healthy!

Comments

Jeremy, Great video. I have ate frozen dinner with stir fry rice.

Nov 12, 2013 - 4:29 PM by Rosalind W

love heathy food

May 17, 2013 - 2:32 PM by jenel m

I love my old sturdy iron wok :) But I would also like to test out the ceramic wok you mentioned. Halloween is around the corner - could you make a video about your Diabetic Friendly "Trick or Treat" ideas? I love the Easter bucket you put together for your friend. Something like that will be very helpful.

Oct 24, 2012 - 1:25 PM by Qi Z

Congratulations to the improvement in your health condition! Way to go, birthday boy :) I love spaghetti squash. It is a very good source of Vitamin Bs and amino acids. "I love my green tea" and I'm sure you'll feel the same way very soon:) You can also add a lemon wedge to your green tea - perfect combination of antioxidants and vitamin C. If you get a chance, you definitely need to try to stir fry your veggies and meat in a wok. It adds so much flavor to the dish - and it could be healthy if you don't use too much oil.

Oct 24, 2012 - 11:36 AM by Qi Z

So true on the green tea! This video is a little bit older (6 months or so) and I absolutely crave it if I skip a day of drinking any. As far as the Wok, I have been looking for a wok that is ceramic and does not have Teflon coating. I really want one for the kitchen because of the added flavor as well as ease of cooking.

Oct 24, 2012 - 12:39 PM by Jeremy B

Hey DiabeticDaddy76 - First things first! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a great day. I am also a Libra (10/18) - very well balanced! This recipe looks absolutely great and thanks for the lesson on how to create short vs long noodles with the spaghetti squash. It is also great to hear that your health numbers are getting back in line and what a change in your BP. Keep up the great work and as always - Be Well. - Dave

Oct 22, 2012 - 5:10 PM by David D

Happy birthday to you too! My mother's is on the 19th :o) I am glad you liked the video. Hopefully you will be able to try it out one of these days. It is one of my favorite dishes.

Oct 22, 2012 - 6:18 PM by Jeremy B